The Fujifilm Computed Radiography (FCR) XL-2 is a digital radiography system utilizing storage phosphor Imaging Plates (IP) as an x-ray detection device. FCR XL-2 units scan and process x-ray image information from an IP that has been exposed using a cassette-type x-ray stand or table. The systems can also print out hard copies on film via a connected image recorder and can transmit digital images to PACS.
The FCR XL-2 provides general x-ray imaging for Private Practitioners and includes the capability to perform Pantomographic exams.
- Due to the benefits of digital image processing, the systems produce radiographs that have a high diagnostic value and are easy to read.
- Fast Scan (200μ), Standard High Resolution (100μ) and High Resolution (50μ) size using HR IPs is possible with the FCR XL-2.
- Reading modes are user selectable.
- High Resolution (50μ) Scanning is available with the FCR XL-2 for 18x24cm and 24x30cm sized cassettes using HR IPs, making it ideal for orthopedic and extremity applications, where seeing fine detail is critical.
- The systems’ wide latitude and automatic sensitivity adjustment function protects radiographs from variations in x-ray exposure conditions. This results in consistent image density for all types of radiographs. Image processing parameters are selected through anatomical region selection menus.
- The FCR XL-2 reader can be network connected to multiple Flash IIP (Image & Information Processor) consoles, other FCR readers and FDR D-EVO for maximum scalability and redundancy.